Located in the heart of the nation’s Space Coast, and a part of the Central Florida Council, Challenger district sets the gold standard when it comes to delivering a quality scouting program.
With so many adventures, and activities available today, are you ready to learn more?
Keep In Touch
|District Commissioners||First Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Parrish Healthcare Center Cocoa|
|District Committee||Second Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||TBD|
|District Roundtable||Third Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Cocoa Discovery Christian Church|
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-20T00:24:30+0000 February 20, 2020 12:24 amThe committee I serve on is starting a new initiative to promote Duty to God and awareness of resources available to scouts and units with a monthly newsletter. Check it out and feel free to share broadly.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-19T22:06:36+0000 February 19, 2020 10:06 pmFrom the article "There has never been a better time to be involved with Scouting: In the past year, the BSA has recognized 61,353 new Eagle Scouts, all of whom completed at least 21 merit badges, made significant contributions to their local communities, and embody the Scout Oath and Law. The BSA’s members and volunteers provided 13 million hours of service to communities across the country last year. Scouts earned more than 7 million merit badges in 2019, introducing them to a spectrum of hobbies, careers, and life skills. In 2019, nearly 900,000 Scouts attended day camps and summer camps across the country. Since 2017, the BSA has welcomed more than 160,000 girls into Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA. More than 40,000 participants from more than 150 countries attended the World Scout Jamboree. Throughout the BSA’s history, 6,534 Scouts have received one of three national-level lifesaving awards, recognizing extraordinary heroism and skill in saving or attempting to save life."
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-19T19:05:15+0000 February 19, 2020 7:05 pmI know it’s a ways off but today is the first day you can register for the Space Coast Lightfest 5K!!! https://runsignup.com/Race/FL/Melbourne/SpaceCoastLightfest
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-19T15:04:39+0000 February 19, 2020 3:04 pmWhere is Roundtable tomorrow?
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-17T21:32:23+0000 February 17, 2020 9:32 pmAt my sons Eagle Board in November, someone mentioned scholarship opportunities that would be available. Does anyone know who to contact to get that information? This was a local scholarship, not NESA. Thanks.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-16T21:34:39+0000 February 16, 2020 9:34 pmNYLT - National Youth Leadership Training May 31 8:00 AM - June 5, 2020 4:00 PM We currently have 26 youth registered, and 6 in process. This means only 24 slots remain available... sign your youth leaders up today for the most fun, learning adventure they will have in Scouting! See full details at the attached link below. [https://scoutingevent.com/083-nylt](https://scoutingevent.com/083-nylt)
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-15T23:54:26+0000 February 15, 2020 11:54 pm
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-13T19:52:33+0000 February 13, 2020 7:52 pmHello and Happy Pre-Valentine’s Day! This is a friendly reminder that you have signed up to attend our Camp Card Kickoff this Saturday! When: Saturday, February 15, 2020Where: Rockledge United Methodist Church, 1935 S. Fiske Blvd., Rockledge, FloridaTime: Begins promptly at 9:00 am and ends by 10:15 am (NOT A DROP-IN) We will have a short Camp Card Presentation presented by our Staff. We will then distribute camp cards to over 41 units(you will count and verify before departure). Thank you so much for participating in our 2020 Camp Card FUNdraiser! We look forward to seeing you all Saturday morning at 9:00 am sharp😊 Have a great day! -Tia
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-13T19:49:53+0000 February 13, 2020 7:49 pm
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-12T21:53:30+0000 February 12, 2020 9:53 pmI am saddened to report that Paula Curry a long time scouter parent and leader at the LDS church in Rockledge has passed away. Please keep her family in your prayers. Paula Jean Curry died 8 February 2020, her 70th birthday. The first child of Hubert and Madonna Jean (Clendenen) Harshman, with siblings Nancy Ann, Linda Kay, and Larry Allen Harshman, she was born February 8, 1950, in Ft Wayne Indiana. Paula has many friends and is always making more. Services : The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 1801 S. Fiske Blvd Rockledge, Florida 32955 1:00 P.M. Saturday 15 February 2020 Burial: Cape Canaveral National Cemetery 5525 US1 Mims, Florida 32754 She has passed in advance of her husband , who will be buried with her to await the time when their spirits will be rejoined with perfected bodies for all eternity, made possible by the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
If the Facebook feed above isn’t showing up click here!
You may need to disable your Ad Blocker for them to show!