Located in the heart of the nation’s Space Coast, and a part of the Central Florida Council, Challenger district sets the gold standard when it comes to delivering a quality scouting program.
With so many adventures, and activities available today, are you ready to learn more?
Keep In Touch
|District Commissioners||First Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Parrish Healthcare Center Cocoa|
|District Committee||Second Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||TBD|
|District Roundtable||Third Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Cocoa Discovery Christian Church|
- : 2022-08-14T15:23:18+0000 August 14, 2022 3:23 pmOlder ScoutsBSA youth can sign up for the **Riverside Eagle Encampment **(27-28 August) at: https://tinyurl.com/RiversideEE. *Registration closes Saturday, Aug 20th.* Scouts must be 13 or older, **and** be 1st Class or above. Scouts will work on scouting advancements by attending Eagle Required Merit Badge classes, socializing with other Riverside and area youth, learning the history of scouting and the rank of Eagle, as well as, participating in a mini Life-to-Eagle Workshop. Cost is $40 for the weekend (including meals). Event will be held at the PSFB Malabar Transmitter Annex in Palm Bay (off Minton Road); this is an overnight event. See the current Participant Guide attached.
- : 2022-08-14T12:59:35+0000 August 14, 2022 12:59 pm# *** The Central Florida Council just opened registration for 2023 Safety Weekend at Camp La No Che.*** **Below is a listing of the current events being offered.** **To Register: Go to the Central Florida Council website calendar, scroll down to April 2023.** **You may sign up there.** # ***Reminder - Wilderness First Aid is capped at 24 participants..... Don't wait to register - it fills up quickly!!*** Save the Date CPR (for Wilderness First Aid Participants only) Camp La-No-Che Friday 03-31-2023 12:00 AM ET to Sunday 04-02-2023 11:59 PM ET More Information Save the Date Level 1 and 2 USA Archery Camp La-No-Che Friday 03-31-2023 6:00 PM ET to Sunday 04-02-2023 12:00 PM ET More Information Save the Date Wilderness First Aid Training Camp La-No-Che Friday 03-31-2023 6:00 PM ET to Sunday 04-02-2023 3:30 PM ET More Information Save the Date Cub Scout Shooting sports Training Camp La-No-Che Saturday 04-01-2023 9:00 AM ET to 12:00 PM ET More Information Save the Date Level 2 USA Archery Camp La-No-Che Saturday 04-01-2023 1:00 PM ET to Sunday 04-02-2023 12:00 PM ET More Information Save the Date Level 1 USA Archery Camp La-No-Che Friday 03-31-2023 6:00 PM ET to Saturday 04-01-2023 12:00 PM ET
- : 2022-08-12T00:48:27+0000 August 12, 2022 12:48 amChallenger District BALOO/IOLS registration is now "live"!!! Event is October 8-9 at KARS Park, North Merritt Island, FL. Below is the link for sign-up. There is no fee for attending this event.
- : 2022-08-11T17:26:23+0000 August 11, 2022 5:26 pmCome out and join us at our NEW Roundtable location - Rockledge United Methodist Church! We will be at 1935 S. Fiske Blvd. in Rockldege and will begin the meeting promptly at 6:30 pm. In addition to all of the great news and information that is shared in the general session (LOTS of great things happening in Challenger District) our breakout sessions will discuss best practices for recruiting. We will also host the second session of the new Citizenship in Society MB. Please remember that if you were at the July session you need to come preparded to discuss requirements 7 & 8. Please speak with your troops and see what merit badges they would like to see us offer at the September Roundtable. That information will be collected as part of the sign in process. We had a great turn out in July, and with this new more central location we are looking forward to seeing EVERY unit in the district represented! **Like** **Comment** **Share**
- : 2022-08-08T18:09:49+0000 August 8, 2022 6:09 pmI locked myself out of scout book with too many wrong password attempts. It says I need to contact “council” to get unlocked. Who do I contact?
- : 2022-08-06T21:03:01+0000 August 6, 2022 9:03 pmIf you haven’t gone to Woodbadge🚀❤️ or you’re on the fence about going to Woodbadge🚀❤️! Then get off of that fence and sign up for this course! This is the first time in over 10 years that a Course Director has been from the Challenger District, this is so super exciting🤩. Every Scout deserves a trained leader☺️🚀❤️ Reach for the Stars!!🚀❤️⭐️
- : 2022-08-04T15:50:40+0000 August 4, 2022 3:50 pm# ***Popcorn Distribution Help Needed*** # Colonel Kathy Mills is requesting a few (*no more than 20*) Scouters or older Scouts to help unload, sort and then assist with the delivery at the BSA Popcorn Kickoff. # ***Date: * August 13th** # ***Where: *Carroll Distribution** @ Viera Blvd and US 1 (Chad Carol Way) # ***Times: *** # **Begin Unloading** at 8:00 a.m. until 9:00a.m. # ***Popcorn Pick-up*** 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. # *Please Email me if you can help * # **firstname.lastname@example.org** # **thanks** # *Pat O'Neill*
- : 2022-08-04T14:03:54+0000 August 4, 2022 2:03 pm# Greetings Scouters, # The Challenger District will be conducting a **Life To Eagle Workshop** on Saturday, October 1st. # Location: **Rockledge United Methodist Church, 1935 S. Fiske Blvd., Rockledge.** # Time: **9:00a - 12:00p** # Registration is only a ***Reply Email*** to me with: # **Attendees Names,** # **Troop Numbers** and # **Contact Email** (*in case there is a change of date or time*). # **You may register by unit instead or individually** # ***Please Register no Later than September 26th*** so I may prepare the correct number of handouts. # Email: **Pirate2007@aol.com** # Subject: **Life to Eagle Workshop Registration** # Body: **List the Participants names and contact email addressees** # *If doing a unit registration identify the **Point of Contact**, list all participants.* # **Bring pen, paper snacks, hydration and QUESTIONS !!!** # **Just FYI** # **The Challenger District has *7 Eagle Scout Boards of Review* scheduled for August 17th !!** # ***Pat O'Neill, ASM Troop 321*** # ***Challenger District Committee Chair*** # ***Challenger District Eagle Chair***
- : 2022-08-02T22:40:00+0000 August 2, 2022 10:40 pmFor units looking to get time on the water and service hours, this is a good opportunity! https://fb.me/e/4H1BoblYI
- : 2022-07-30T21:37:37+0000 July 30, 2022 9:37 pmIf you have the latest copy of ScoutLife magazine, check out the front cover article about Riverside Troop 373/4373! Also, I’m collecting copies for the troop if you have one/some that are destined for the recycle bin. 😁
If the Facebook feed above isn’t showing up click here!
You may need to disable your Ad Blocker for them to show!