Located in the heart of the nation’s Space Coast, and a part of the Central Florida Council, Challenger district sets the gold standard when it comes to delivering a quality scouting program.
With so many adventures, and activities available today, are you ready to learn more?
Keep In Touch
|District Commissioners||First Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Parrish Healthcare Center Cocoa|
|District Committee||Second Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||TBD|
|District Roundtable||Third Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Cocoa Discovery Christian Church|
- Challenger District CFC BSA,#2021psr,#2021philmontprep,#philmont2021prep,#IWGBTP: 2021-04-19T00:38:14+0000 April 19, 2021 12:38 amCongratulations to Central Florida Council's 2021 Philmont Contingent for completing shakedown #15 this weekend! We have 24 of our participants certified in Wilderness First Aid, CPR and Automated External Defibrillator. That's a whopping 54% of our Contingent which is substantially more than the minimum required for Crews/Contingents. Way to go! Many thanks to our top notch instructor, Brad Ritner for delivering an outstanding program! Shakedown #16 is next month! 84 days to go! #2021psr #2021philmontprep #philmont2021prep #IWGBTP
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-18T03:26:03+0000 April 18, 2021 3:26 amReminder that our camp card settlement will be May 1st at Four Communities Fire Dept. from 9-11am. There is no signup for our district, only at council if need be. From council: Hello and Happy Thursday! Only a couple of weeks remaining for our fundraiser! There is still time to ensure that your Unit earn the full commission structure of 40% with prizes OR 50% without prizes. A couple of reminders: Greenback Membership Sales: A lot of units had at least 2 sales the end of March. There is still time for Scouts to log-in and get their final sale to earn the full commission. Greenback Sales Reports were emailed out for the months January – March. If you did not receive a report for those months, there were no sales for your unit. The Greenback Sales Report for April will be emailed by April 28, 2021. Return Policy (Camp Cards ONLY) – see the attached that is also in the Leader’s Guide: A unit can return up to 50% of their initial camp card order Any returns above the 50% return will be assessed a .50 cents per card restocking fee Settlement: If you are not returning camp cards, you do not need to attend a Settlement Location. You can pay your amount due for camp cards via this link: https://scoutingevent.com/083-43503 If your unit ONLY participated in Greenback this year, you do not need to attend a Settlement Location. Settlement Locations are in various locations throughout the Council – 2nd attachment. You will receive a link to sign up for Settlement in your District. If you are unable to attend a settlement location in your district, the following settlement will be held at the Council Office on the following days: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 (12p-4p) – Appointment Only. Click the following link to reserve your settlement time: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0D4CAFAC22A3FC1-camp1 Friday, April 30, 2021 (10a -2p) – Appointment Only. Click the following link to reserve your settlement time: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0D4CAFAC22A3FC1-camp2 Please wear a mask, come with camp cards counted (not in envelopes) and (1) check or all cash. All time slots are 15 minutes in length in our Council Lobby.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-17T23:46:43+0000 April 17, 2021 11:46 pmBrevard EOC: No-appointment necessary COVID-19 vaccines, first dose only, available at DOH in Viera. Today and tomorrow, 8AM-7PM. No line, currently Get it done !!!
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-17T12:00:41+0000 April 17, 2021 12:00 pmAre there any scout physicals in the works for this year?
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-17T00:00:36+0000 April 17, 2021 12:00 amFor those not able to attend the Scouts BSA roundtable meeting Thursday, the presentation is attached. Hope to see you next month.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-16T12:03:42+0000 April 16, 2021 12:03 pmIn case the Council Newsletter didn’t end up in your in box here’s a different way to read it.
- Challenger District CFC BSA,#LaunchAmerica: 2021-04-15T17:43:22+0000 April 15, 2021 5:43 pmVirtual #LaunchAmerica Event on April 22 NASA astronauts Shane Kimbrough, spacecraft commander, and Megan McArthur, pilot, along with mission specialists Akihiko Hoshide of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and Thomas Pesquet of ESA (European Space Agency), will launch in a Crew Dragon capsule atop a Falcon 9 rocket from Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center. This will be the second crew rotation flight of the SpaceX Crew Dragon and the first with two international partners. The flight follows certification by NASA for regular flights to the space station as part of the agency’s Commercial Crew Program. NASA’s virtual experience for Crew-2 includes curated launch resources, notifications about NASA social interactions, and the opportunity for a virtual passport stamp following a successful launch. Register (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nasas-spacex-crew-2-launch-registration-141482073691?aff=inc) to receive email updates or RSVP for the Facebook event (https://www.facebook.com/events/804632930159662/) to get social media updates including mission information and highlights, and interaction opportunities. Virtual Launch Passport Print, fold, and get ready to fill your virtual launch passport. Stamps will be emailed following launches to all virtual attendees registered by email through Eventbrite. Passports are available at: https://go.nasa.gov/38VqQnM #LaunchAmerica STEM Mission Toolkit Engage kids and students in virtual and hands-on activities that are both family-friendly and educational through Next Gen STEM Commercial Crew at: https://go.nasa.gov/3l2Pq9v Watch and Engage on Social Media Stay connected with the mission on social media and let people know you're following it on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using the hashtag #LaunchAmerica. Follow and tag these accounts: • Twitter: @NASA, @Commercial_Crew, @Space_Station • Facebook: NASA, NASACommercialCrew, ISS Facebook • Instagram: NASA, ISS Instagram For NASA's launch blog and more information about the mission, visit: https://www.nasa.gov/commercialcrew
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-15T12:58:49+0000 April 15, 2021 12:58 pmThere’s a week left to register for Cub Scout Shooting Sports Day. This is an event covered by the 2021 program fee so it’s free and open to all Cub scouts so register today.
- Challenger District CFC BSA,Challenger District CFC: 2021-04-14T19:06:36+0000 April 14, 2021 7:06 pmFor Unit Leaders (Scoutmasters, Cubmasters, Committee Chairs) as well as District and Unit Volunteers there is an annual Planning Calendar developed by the Challenger District CFC to assist with your annual planning for Program Year 2021 - 2022.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-14T14:07:24+0000 April 14, 2021 2:07 pmReminder : Eagle board of review paperwork is due in council one week after the board of review. There is also a delay in receiving Eagle certificates from National due to lack of paper. Please allow at least 6-8 weeks on receiving your packet.
If the Facebook feed above isn’t showing up click here!
You may need to disable your Ad Blocker for them to show!