Located in the heart of the nation’s Space Coast, and a part of the Central Florida Council, Challenger district sets the gold standard when it comes to delivering a quality scouting program.
With so many adventures, and activities available today, are you ready to learn more?
Keep In Touch
|District Commissioners||First Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Parrish Healthcare Center Cocoa|
|District Committee||Second Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||TBD|
|District Roundtable||Third Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Cocoa Discovery Christian Church|
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-16T12:03:42+0000 April 16, 2021 12:03 pmIn case the Council Newsletter didn’t end up in your in box here’s a different way to read it.
- Challenger District CFC BSA,#LaunchAmerica: 2021-04-15T17:43:22+0000 April 15, 2021 5:43 pmVirtual #LaunchAmerica Event on April 22 NASA astronauts Shane Kimbrough, spacecraft commander, and Megan McArthur, pilot, along with mission specialists Akihiko Hoshide of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and Thomas Pesquet of ESA (European Space Agency), will launch in a Crew Dragon capsule atop a Falcon 9 rocket from Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center. This will be the second crew rotation flight of the SpaceX Crew Dragon and the first with two international partners. The flight follows certification by NASA for regular flights to the space station as part of the agency’s Commercial Crew Program. NASA’s virtual experience for Crew-2 includes curated launch resources, notifications about NASA social interactions, and the opportunity for a virtual passport stamp following a successful launch. Register (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nasas-spacex-crew-2-launch-registration-141482073691?aff=inc) to receive email updates or RSVP for the Facebook event (https://www.facebook.com/events/804632930159662/) to get social media updates including mission information and highlights, and interaction opportunities. Virtual Launch Passport Print, fold, and get ready to fill your virtual launch passport. Stamps will be emailed following launches to all virtual attendees registered by email through Eventbrite. Passports are available at: https://go.nasa.gov/38VqQnM #LaunchAmerica STEM Mission Toolkit Engage kids and students in virtual and hands-on activities that are both family-friendly and educational through Next Gen STEM Commercial Crew at: https://go.nasa.gov/3l2Pq9v Watch and Engage on Social Media Stay connected with the mission on social media and let people know you're following it on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram using the hashtag #LaunchAmerica. Follow and tag these accounts: • Twitter: @NASA, @Commercial_Crew, @Space_Station • Facebook: NASA, NASACommercialCrew, ISS Facebook • Instagram: NASA, ISS Instagram For NASA's launch blog and more information about the mission, visit: https://www.nasa.gov/commercialcrew
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-15T12:58:49+0000 April 15, 2021 12:58 pmThere’s a week left to register for Cub Scout Shooting Sports Day. This is an event covered by the 2021 program fee so it’s free and open to all Cub scouts so register today.
- Challenger District CFC BSA,Challenger District CFC: 2021-04-14T19:06:36+0000 April 14, 2021 7:06 pmFor Unit Leaders (Scoutmasters, Cubmasters, Committee Chairs) as well as District and Unit Volunteers there is an annual Planning Calendar developed by the Challenger District CFC to assist with your annual planning for Program Year 2021 - 2022.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-14T14:07:24+0000 April 14, 2021 2:07 pmReminder : Eagle board of review paperwork is due in council one week after the board of review. There is also a delay in receiving Eagle certificates from National due to lack of paper. Please allow at least 6-8 weeks on receiving your packet.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-11T16:06:52+0000 April 11, 2021 4:06 pmChallenger district is also looking for some new commissioners. Contact Timmy self or Tim Baker if you want to learn more.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-08T17:16:34+0000 April 8, 2021 5:16 pmWho is planning to register today for Saturday’s pinewood derby?? This is a free event open to all cub scouts. Bring siblings and friends. We will have patches for everyone and lots of fun!
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-08T17:17:41+0000 April 8, 2021 5:17 pmIt’s time for the Riverside District Cub Hiking Club April hike! This month we’re at St Sebastian River State Park, at the south end of Babcock on the county line. This is our 3-Mile Hike, so bring those Webelos dens out to meet their rank’s hiking requirement! This location rarely disappoints to provide wildlife sign, and even sightings! I routinely see deer here, and have seen hogs, wild turkeys, and coyotes, as well as sign for them and bobcats, opossums, raccoons, and even once a panther, so be sure to bring those tracking guides to work on those skills! Be sure to have your scouts bring a pack with their seven essentials, as well as a plastic bag for our Leave No Trace sweep of the trail and surrounding area. This trail is largely open and unshaded, so sunscreen AND hat are a definite need, because we don’t want anyone getting burned. This is our longest hike, so make sure that you and your scouts properly prepare by bringing sufficient water and trail food to last. As always, our club is designed to promote the enjoyment and participation of hiking by all scouts, so if your scout has any special needs, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss those needs and how to meet them for a hike. We can have a smaller group, a group moving at a slower pace, or even schedule a private hike where I can lead you and your scout on the trail to teach tracking and outdoor ethics, both of which engage our scouts more and improve their enjoyment of the outdoors. So whatever the special need may be, please reach out to me privately and we’ll do all we can to meet those needs. Unfortunately, our segment order from last month has not arrived yet, but they should be available next month. If you haven’t already, be sure to join our Facebook group, Riverside District Cub Hiking Club, to access files, news, and photos of our club exploits! Looking forward to sharing one of my favorite trails... see you all Saturday! St Sebastian River State Park
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-05T18:33:22+0000 April 5, 2021 6:33 pmPack 720 is having a car wash!!!! Come on out and share your support for some hardworking scouts! Please share with your local friends, families and fellow scouters!
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2021-04-05T16:06:40+0000 April 5, 2021 4:06 pmVirtual Merit Badge opportunity-
If the Facebook feed above isn’t showing up click here!
You may need to disable your Ad Blocker for them to show!