Located in the heart of the nation’s Space Coast, and a part of the Central Florida Council, Challenger district sets the gold standard when it comes to delivering a quality scouting program.
With so many adventures, and activities available today, are you ready to learn more?
Keep In Touch
|District Commissioners||First Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Parrish Healthcare Center Cocoa|
|District Committee||Second Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||TBD|
|District Roundtable||Third Thursday of every month 6:30pm-8pm||Cocoa Discovery Christian Church|
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-28T01:23:51+0000 February 28, 2020 1:23 amDo you need BALOO Training? If so, join us on March 28-29, 2020 at KARS Park to complete your training. Click on the link below.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-26T09:40:16+0000 February 26, 2020 9:40 amThis is just around the corner and is a great experience for all who attend
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-25T20:59:05+0000 February 25, 2020 8:59 pmI just had a man contact me about finding a pack for his grandson to join. The problem is grandpa lives in Titusville and only has him on the weekend so he was hoping to find a pack in PSJ, Titusville, or Mims that meet Friday or Saturday. As far as I know none of you do but if I’m wrong please let me know.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-25T02:13:29+0000 February 25, 2020 2:13 amAnybody local a Hornaday award adviser? My son is looking to get the badge complete and is in a time crunch.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-23T00:46:56+0000 February 23, 2020 12:46 am**WILDERNESS FIRST AID TRAINING 2020** As promised, I am setting up ***Wilderness First Aid ***training for the Challenger District. I anticipate two Saturdays in the fall after school begins. I have already reached out to three other Challenger District instructors who promised to help in this endeavor. If you are already a ***Wilderness First Aid Instructor*** and want to help please contact me. In the interim - those not already holding **current** CPR/AED Certification should arrange to find an appropriate course and get certified - it is a pre-requisite. If you need help finding a CPR/AED class let me know. All High Adventure treks require at least one current Wilderness First Aid certified participant. More information to follow concerning dates, location and registration. Pat O'Neill Challenger District Chairman
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-20T00:24:30+0000 February 20, 2020 12:24 amThe committee I serve on is starting a new initiative to promote Duty to God and awareness of resources available to scouts and units with a monthly newsletter. Check it out and feel free to share broadly.
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-19T22:06:36+0000 February 19, 2020 10:06 pmFrom the article "There has never been a better time to be involved with Scouting: In the past year, the BSA has recognized 61,353 new Eagle Scouts, all of whom completed at least 21 merit badges, made significant contributions to their local communities, and embody the Scout Oath and Law. The BSA’s members and volunteers provided 13 million hours of service to communities across the country last year. Scouts earned more than 7 million merit badges in 2019, introducing them to a spectrum of hobbies, careers, and life skills. In 2019, nearly 900,000 Scouts attended day camps and summer camps across the country. Since 2017, the BSA has welcomed more than 160,000 girls into Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA. More than 40,000 participants from more than 150 countries attended the World Scout Jamboree. Throughout the BSA’s history, 6,534 Scouts have received one of three national-level lifesaving awards, recognizing extraordinary heroism and skill in saving or attempting to save life."
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-19T19:05:15+0000 February 19, 2020 7:05 pmI know it’s a ways off but today is the first day you can register for the Space Coast Lightfest 5K!!! https://runsignup.com/Race/FL/Melbourne/SpaceCoastLightfest
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-19T15:04:39+0000 February 19, 2020 3:04 pmWhere is Roundtable tomorrow?
- Challenger District CFC BSA: 2020-02-17T21:32:23+0000 February 17, 2020 9:32 pmAt my sons Eagle Board in November, someone mentioned scholarship opportunities that would be available. Does anyone know who to contact to get that information? This was a local scholarship, not NESA. Thanks.
If the Facebook feed above isn’t showing up click here!
You may need to disable your Ad Blocker for them to show!